Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Things That Tempt

I long for the shores of Europe,
So as to dive into its azure twilight night
And curse for the paragons of selflessness
There will be olive trees and the smell of beer
I dream of something more potent than alcohol
And more vast than your thoughts across the night
The hot bright fermentation of touch splitting the sky

I hope for dimly lit cafes,
Where I’ll meet the sinister stars
And we’ll dance into the soft air of May
I’ll tell you life is but a wink of stars, a wink of your eye
There will be a mutiny of words as our touch begets silence
Your lips will quiver as you feel a creature crawling upon them
It will be a spider traveling far and we’ll look for it as it travels far

I look to the Rocky Mountains
And get lost in cotton candy moonshine
Because I travel far, very far disheveled like a Beat
It’s here where I smell how the earth is nubile and full-blooded
I’ve found god, where her breast rises to meet the horizon of the sky
We count the ivory napes of peaks as the flora trembles beneath Pan’s feet
He goes back down to play his lyre in the saloon and the melody counts to always.

10 Comments:

Blogger Stormy Zephyr said...

This has beautiful imagery. Really nice work. The flow is nice and strong, and sensitive enough to move on its own, to stand alone. Maybe alone, on the banks of the Seine? Maybe..

2:01 AM  
Blogger Inkblot said...

aha- the romance of the travel bug has sunk in its alluring baby teeth...flowing too. Magnifique!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

beautiful. evocative. magical ... v nice read - thank you for coming up with this :)

7:09 AM  
Blogger ... said...

stormy zephyr - Thanks for the wonderful words. I could think of worse places.

Perhaps.

inkblot - Always. I just have to figure out the perfect murder for responsibility.

prerona - I appreciate the lovely comment -- especially the "beautiful.evocative.magical" part. ;)

2:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

An anatomy of meandering thoughts; a bohemian's passion. The imageries in the poem brought me to those places...

10:11 AM  
Blogger aa said...

I love the flow and the contrast each word made. It's like reading a really good book. It may be long, but you'd never put it down 'til you've read the last page.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

that is friggin' A class fantastic. do it again!

3:18 AM  
Blogger ... said...

danny - Thank you for the kind words. Bohemian it is.

**silvermOOn** - Thank you. And no sweat re: the typo. Other than confusing me a bit, no damage.

free spirit - I know where you're coming from. Good books are always appreciated.

cocaine - Thank you kind sir. Unfortunately, I think my moments of clarity are few.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Yasmin Waring said...

I love the line "I've found God where her breast rises to meet the horizon of the sky."

And it can't help solidify my idea that your signature Ô¿Ô, really is a nose snug b/t boobies. As well as a tipped glass to Lennon/Lenin (it seems to me).

Sorry if that was vulgar and inappropriate. perhaps I'm feeling a little more XY than XX today. hormones you know. But it is what that line conjured up. So, it's your fault.

8:13 PM  
Blogger ... said...

Scheherazade - You almost slipped a comment past me.

I'd never really thought of my moniker in that way. I won't dissuade you from that idea. I rather like it.

I don't think anything is vulgar or inappropriate here, unless it's completely humorless or mean-spirited. And yes, hormones can be tricky. My waking hour can attest to that.

That might be my favorite line of the piece, too. Thank you.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home