Friday, September 15, 2006

As Chance Would Have It

Sometimes I think of night as the enticing
glance of a beautiful girl dressed in black,
careless and alive.

And I remember the angle of stars
like the genuflexion of limbs exchanging
a weary morning.

Senses ajar, dragging ecstasy to the
fragrant scent of her doorstep, actions
ceasing to require control.

Fingers on my back, drawn up in ranks,
like little white feet, lyrical and coarse
in their jesting.

Hands caressing in a carnal fluency
awakening our spirits, and her wrists
filling the bedroom with the bower of aroma.

Hour earlier hands on bedposts as the clock
struck ONE. My breath whispering as it
covered her firm, entrancing flesh.

Minds taking refuge in a glistening-skin
acceptance of shattering, shimmering,
neutron dawn.

“You really are wonderful.”
“Where are we?”

****

I decided to post a soundtrack with this one, albeit a one song soundtrack, for those who don't mind a little edge to their music.





****

As posted on Wet Poems©, a collaborative collage of those most primitive joys.

11 Comments:

Blogger Inkblot said...

If you hadn't specified otherwise I would have said-what a lovely slow lingering waking up together to a familiar tune -

12:01 PM  
Blogger Yasmin Waring said...

Hmmm. So you gotta tell me is SHE WANTS REVENGE your f**k anthem? Or one of them? (So sorry if I offend but YOU did use the word "primitive" in your description).

And the lyric "...whispered in your ear...wanna f***kin' tear you apart"...well it conjured up images and put me in a profane mood.

My anthem is not so recent. But just as, um, "stirring"--Afghan Whigs SOMETHING HOT and '66. One of the best non-R&B sex soundtracks I've found. Oh, and Debussy's Bergamasque Suite #3 of course.

12:29 AM  
Blogger ... said...

inkblot - So you're saying it wasn't so?

mandolina dora - My anthem? He.he. No, I don't have an anthem. I posted this for my own entertainment and because I think She Wants Revenge is a kick-ass indie band.

I'll definitely have to check out your songs tomorrow, as it's getting late right now...

3:24 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

"angle of stars"

that enthralls me. i'm looking out my new window now but find neither angles nor stars.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

nice ... the picture u paint comes alive and dances in the moonlight

7:40 PM  
Blogger ... said...

{illyria} - No stars? I'd think in your new mountain hideaway there'd be nothing but stars, and fireworks, and little children with lollipops.

prerona - Dancing in the moonlight certainly can't be a bad thing.

11:09 PM  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

The final line, in the form of a question that 'bubbled out of' (ahem, pardon the phrase. *grin, grin*) a pleasantly disoriented mind, suggests that "wonderful" is but an understatement. *chuckles*

Enjoyed the ride. (I felt like a voyeur. Hah!) ^_^ The second stanza, now that's really what keeps me drawn to this piece. And the third, loved the images of seduction it summoned. ^_^

3:21 AM  
Blogger ... said...

soulless - "Enjoyed the ride." Pun intended?

vagina dentata - Let me tell you off the bat that I'm wildly attracted to your name, so let's skip further introductions.

That was one hell of a something, dear. My Mountain of Venus thanks you.

9:58 PM  
Blogger bismuth said...

so wonderful i forgot where i was. ah. to daydream like this. like fools in the rain.

7:42 AM  
Blogger ... said...

vagina dentata - I do. I think.
And whatever works... It seems to be working now.

**silvermOOn** - Thanks a bunch. Time is the enemy. I gave myself a two for one this time.

bismuth - "Fools in the rain." I knew I forgot something. That definitely should have been included, in all its wet splendor. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger ... said...

jon cox - Thank you for your comment, and the landscapes were dynamite, man.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home