Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fragmentation

Culinary confections and consuming fire are at war
to capture our senses.
Puzzles and hot chocolate bridge the warmth
to interconnected generations.
Shrieks of laughter and a sleeping dog embody
the comfort of contentment.
Her back is turned to me, mine to her, stimulation
of a dream realized.
Fear.
Anxiety.
Guilt.
The music coursing through me.
A sea of gyration.
Bacchus controlling our spirits.
My soul bursting from my body.
Tireless, unyielding, brutal, ecstasy.
We finish the puzzle.
I gaze out the window
Torn.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

i wish i was there with "comfort of contentment". what a cozy painting of words you created here.

1:52 PM  
Blogger ... said...

Lorena, *smiling* Thanks for the kind words. I think we all do...

10:16 PM  
Blogger . : A : . said...

I like the way you have built this up and increased the pace right up to the dramatic ending.

9:12 AM  
Blogger ... said...

.:a:., thanks. I hope the dichotomy is evident.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Dramatic contrasts. Good writing that causes me to ponder the unsaid.
Silvermoon of Silken Threads

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home